2-week luxury expedition cruise from PITTWATER to TASMANIA, Dec 26th 2018 – 8th January 2019.
Experience the excitement of the launch of the SYDNEY TO HOBART YACHT RACE as we cruise from PALM BEACH to Hobart and then enjoy a 7-night expeditionary cruise of Tasmania’s south-west wilderness areas.
CRUISE EXPEDITION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Enjoy a grandstand view of the start of the Sydney to Hobart race as the leaders come tearing through Sydney Heads
- Trail the yachts on a coastal cruise while you enjoy a drink at Coral Discoverer’s sundeck Explorer Bar
- Hear about the partnership between ‘Old Tom’ the Orca and local whalers at the Killer Whale Museum in Twofold Bay
- Visit Adventure Bay on Bruny Island and stretch your legs on the Fluted Cape walk
- Sample Tasmania’s finest produce on disembarkation at Hobart at the Taste of Tasmania festival
- Ring in the New Year onboard and enjoy Captain’s farewell drinks
- Enjoy bush walks and kayaking in Tasmania’s national parks and World Heritage Areas, led by an expert expedition team
- Discover vestiges of Tasmania’s indigenous, maritime, penal and pioneering heritage
- Main Deck Staterooms, $9,176 per person twin share
- Promenade Deck $10,513 per person twin share
Contact us to secure your cabin now! Call Newport Travel on 02 9997 1277
Embark 9am at Palm Beach, Pittwater on December 26th for a unique 2-week small-ship cruise of a lifetime to Tasmania’s southern wilderness.
The first leg of your journey aboard the 72-passenger, Coral Discoverer is a 6-night Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race special, followed by a 7-night discovery cruise of Tasmania’s south and east coast wilderness areas.
Cruise past Barrenjoey Headland along Sydney’s Northern Beaches to just off North Head, for a grand stand view of the race start, before trailing the yachts on a scenic coastal cruise to Hobart with expert commentary onboard.
Visit Jervis Bay and Twofold Bay en-route and once across Bass Strait, explore the magical Tasmanian coast with Coral Discoverer’s guided shore excursions, by zodiac, hiking or kayak, as conditions permit. Arrive into Hobart on New Year’s Eve, to join the festivities of race presentations and the launch of Tasmania’s summer Taste festival. Return to the Coral Discoverer for a special New Year’s Eve captain’s dinner and to enjoy the festivities from our prime harbour viewing point.
On January 1st, set sail on the second leg of your journey, a 7-night discovery cruise to Tasmania’s southern wilderness areas.
Your ship for the 2-week sailing is the recently refurbished and state-of-the-art, Coral Discoverer. Upgrades to the latest technology ensures comfortable cruising in open waters and her shallow draught and manoeuvrability allow her an unmatched ability to enter the bays and inlets of Tasmania’s rugged coastline.
At meal times, you will enjoy an outstanding menu of fresh Tasmanian produce, complemented by a specially curated wine list featuring some of Tasmania’s finest varietals.
Call Chris at Newport Travel NOW on 02 9997 1277 to secure your cabin or email firstname.lastname@example.org