On the 1st of January 2020, set sail aboard the Coral Discoverer around the wilderness coast of Tasmania on Coral Expeditions’ first-ever full circumnavigation voyage.
Captain Gary Wilson and the expedition team have created this all-inclusive 14-night expedition to showcase the very best of the remote and rugged shores, islands and harbours of this pristine island at the edge of the world.
Here’s what you’ll love about this 14 night circumnavigation cruise of Tasmania
- Visit remote Flinders Island – with the opportunity to experience one of Tasmania’s ‘Great Short Walks’ in Strzelecki National Park
- Cruise the scenic Tamar River to Launceston, and enjoy a special visit to a vineyard in the region
- Gaze in awe at the 300m high sea cliffs at Tasman National Park – the highest in the southern hemisphere
- Sample King Island’s world-famous produce at a gourmet lunch and visit King Island Dairy for a cheese tasting
- Encounter iconic wildlife such as wombats, fur seals, and dolphins
- Spend two days exploring in the World Heritage Area of Port Davey and Bathurst Harbour
- Kayak and hike Tasmania’s breathtakingly beautiful coast and visit remote areas all around the island
- Journey Tasmania’s isolated and mysterious West Coast, with the chance to land and explore a remote location (subject to weather)
- See the coast of Tasmania from the sea, an unusual perspective which highlights the awe-inspiring beauty of the island
Below is a list of the destinations we plan to visit on our Tasmania Circumnavigation Cruise. Due to the expeditionary nature of this trip, there may be ongoing enhancements to the itinerary. Our Master and Expedition Leader will adjust the itinerary to best suit weather conditions at the time of travel.
DAY 1: DEPART HOBART
Board in Hobart at 4:00pm for a 8:00pm departure.
FORTESCUE BAY & TASMAN PENINSULA
Gaze up at the 300 metre sea cliffs of Tasman National Park, the highest in the Southern Hemisphere, from a perfect position at sea. An area of huge natural diversity, it is possible to find Australian Fur Seals “hauling out” on the rocky shore at Tasman Island. Visit Fortescue Bay, hike the coastal Tasman Trail and kayak in Canoe Bay.
The historic ruins and rugged cliffs of Maria Island National Park are home to diverse wildlife that includes Forester Kangaroos, Bennetts Wallabies, and wombats. Walk to historic Darlington Settlement, explore the ancient seabeds of the Fossil Cliffs, and marvel at the sandstone formations of the Painted Cliffs.
At the Freycinet Peninsula, see the pink granite formations of the Hazard Mountains, and the sweeping bays fringed by eucalypt. Join a guided hike to the Wineglass Bay beach – one of the best beaches in the world. Witness fur seals lounging on the rocks at the Ile des Phoques.
FLINDERS ISLAND & THE FURNEAUX GROUP
Visit wild and rugged Flinders Island, and marvel at the pink and gray granite mountain ranges of Strzelecki National Park. Explore beautiful Trousers Point beach, visit seaside townships, discover the sad history of Wybalenna Settlement, and see relics of Flinders maritime past at the Furneaux Museum.
TAMAR RIVER & LAUNCESTON (WITH SPECIAL EVENT)
Spend two days on the scenic Tamar River – actually a tidal estuary. The river’s banks abound with scenic reserves, historical properties and notable vineyards. Explore Cataract Gorge and the city of Launceston, before a signature event at Josef Chromy Wines, with vineyard tours, winetastings, and cellar-door banquet.
Situated in the Bass Strait, King Island is known for its fine local produce. Tour the island with local guides and learn about the island’s colourful history and thriving industries. Sample a brie at the King Island Dairy tasting room, and enjoy a gourmet lunch with King Island scotch steak and locally caught crayfish.
WEST COAST EXPEDITION STOP
Home to striking mountain ranges, ancient pines and untamed rivers, the wild west coast is the heart of Tasmania’s wilderness and a true frontier. Take in the dramatic scenery of this coastline during a day of cruising. Weather permitting, we may make a landing on this truly remote coastline.
A marine reserve, and part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, Port Davey is truly spectacular. If conditions allow, guests will spend one to two days exploring here. Enjoy the unforgettable experience of kayaking in Bramble Cove, and explore Melaleuca, along with hiking and bird-watching.
ADVENTURE BAY, BRUNY ISLAND
Experience the rugged beauty of Fluted Cape as you walk along the sheer coastal cliffs. Learn about the rich maritime history of Adventure Bay, and explore the history of old whaling stations on the way to Grassy Point.
DAY 15: ARRIVE HOBART
Disembark in Hobart at 8:00am
A post cruise transfer to city or airport is included.
|CORAL DISCOVERER||TWIN SHARE PER PERS||SOLE USE*|
|Bridge Deck Balcony Stateroom||$15,390||n/a|
|Promenade Deck (Category A)||$13,190||n/a|
|Promenade Deck (Category B)||$12,090||$18,135*|
|Main Deck (Category A)||$11,540||n/a|
|Main Deck (Category B)||$10,990||n/a|
*Limited sole use occupancy available.
** BOOK THIS CRUISE & THE PITTWATER TO HOBART CRUISE BACK-TO-BACK AND GET 10% OFF BOTH CRUISES**
Call now to book on 02 9997 1277 or email email@example.com
YOUR CRUISE PRICE INCLUDES
- 14 night Expedition Voyage aboard Coral Discoverer
- Expert Expedition Team, including a Guest Lecturer and a Tasmanian Specialist
- Daily guided excursions on the Xplorer and Zodiac tender vessels, and kayaks where conditions allow
- All meals, prepared by our chef on board
- Showcase wines, selected beers and soft drinks with lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour coffee and selection of teas
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Events, and Open Bridge Access with the Captain
- Comprehensive and fully guided sightseeing in each destination
- All entrance fees to National Parks and Ports
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks including beer and wine outside of lunch and dinner service
- Internet services (available at a cost)
- Laundry service (available at a cost)
- Australian entry visas or travel permits
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted) laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Tipping not required
ENQUIRE AT 02 99971277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org