Burmese Bliss – a luxury Myanmar foodie adventure
Popular street-food chefs from Rukus Café, Tom and Shaun, have teamed up with bucket-list dreamweavers, Newport Travel to create an exciting new foodie adventure to Myanmar (Burma) this April.
Myanmar’s enigmatic cuisine is one of the most complex and diverse in Southeast Asia, with influences from the bordering countries of Thailand, China, Laos and India, as well as from its European colonial heritage.
Over 100 years ago, Rudyard Kipling wrote of Burma, “It is quite unlike any place you know about”. This is still so true today and definitely a destination to explore before modernisation and over-tourism spread their influence here.
The 10-day Rukus-hosted tour, with local Burmese guides and specialists, runs from the 2nd to the 12th of April 2019, including the return flights from Sydney and prices start from AUD6,450 per person.
Here’s what you’ll love about this unique, small-group tour ..
- We’ll discover the natural, social and cultural origins of the flavours of Myanmar (Burma) in the 4 very different regions of Yangon, Inle Lake, Bagan & Mandalay.
- Sample the local cuisine and fresh, regional produce at night-time street food markets, family-run restaurants and fine-dining restaurants, including high-tea at Yangon’s iconic Strand Hotel.
- Participate in a number of hands-on cooking classes in private homes, social enterprises of local communities and even with an awarded head chef aboard a 5-star river-cruise ship.
- Enjoy luxury boutique accommodation with a local flavour, including a 4-day river cruise on the sumptuous Sanctuary Ananda.
- Ultimately, experience the warmth and joy of the Burmese people who welcome us into their land and lives.
You’ll return home from this journey not only with a bagful of wonderful memories, but knowing that, on this sustainable tourism adventure, you have genuinely supported the local cultures and social enterprises that are working towards improving the lives of the local communities.
For more information or to book, contact Newport Travel on 9997 1277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org